Before I hit February I really wanted to get a recipe in January for all of you. I know my cookie recipe is still due but that will be the next one. These are extremely delicious and simple to make. Once I start I can’t stop eating them. I bet you won’t be able to either.
- Wonton wrappers – 12
- Cooked chicken breast, shredded – 1
- Cream cheese, room temp – 2 ounces
- Butter, melted – 1 Tbs
- Cholula Hot Sauce – 1/8 cup
- Crumbled blue cheese – 1/4 cup
- Green onion, chopped – 1
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin pan with Pam Vegetable Spray.
- Press wontons wrappers into muffin pan.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, when done, set aside.
- In a bowl, whip cream cheese with a hand mixer for 1 minute, until creamy.
- Add butter and hot sauce to the cream cheese, stir together with a spatula.
- Add chicken and blue cheese, mix until combined.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into wonton cup. Use fingers to spread mixture inside of wonton.
- Place muffin pan in the oven, bake for 8 minutes until wontons are crisp.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chopped onions over wonton bites.
- Serve warm.
Blue Cheese and Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites #SundaySupper
Chicken fry from my mom’s recipe
There are a few things that I know from just watching and being around my mom while she cooked. I never really tried to learn cooking from her. But when it came time to do it on my own. I relied on my memory for things that she would make and the rest sort of just happened. This is one of those recipes that I can do with my eyes closed. Her famous Asian inspired chicken fry. She only ever makes this with drumsticks and thighs but you can use whatever you want. You can adjust all these ingredients to your taste. My mom doesn’t have an exact measurement for all the ingredients. But just to give you an idea this is more or less what is required to make it.
P.S. I love you Ammu! Thank you for being you.
- Chicken Drumsticks – 12 pieces
- Flour – 2 cups
- Eggs – 2
- Soy Sauce – 1 cup
- Onions (Finely Chopped) – 2 cups
- Green Chillies – 1 Tbs
- Corn Starch – 1 Tbs
- Salt – 1 Tbs
- Vinegar – 1 Tbs
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Ground White Pepper – ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Make sure you wash the Chicken first and let it dry. Prick holes in it with a fork.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a huge bowl except for the oil.
- For best results, it is suggested to keep this mixture in a fridge overnight. The flavor develops increasingly if you let it marinate for a longer time. If you are in a hurry then you can marinate it for an hour and that should also be good enough.
- Take it out and fry it well in oil under medium-high heat. Make sure to thoroughly cook it well on all sides. 2-3 minutes on each side before turning it.
- Serve it while it’s hot.