These were the perfect little things to serve on the 4th of July celebration. It is super easy to make and is very filling. You cannot go wrong with this one. If you follow the link at the bottom, you will see the possibilities of sliders are endless.
- Dinner Rolls
- Ground Beef- 2 pounds
- Salt- tsp
- Pepper- 2 tsp
- Garlic Powder- 2 tsp
- Onion- 1/2 cup
- Cheddar cheese- 6 slices
- Melted butter
- Sesame seeds
- Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together.
- Bake on 350 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Remove the beef and drain the juice. Place the bottom half of your dinner rolls in the baking dish. Put your beef patty on top of the bottom half of the dinner rolls.
- Spread the chopped onions. And set the cheese slices on top.
- Close off the burger by placing the top half of the dinner roll above the cheese.
- Brush the melted butter on top of the buns and sprinkle the sesame seeds as well.
- Bake on 350 degree Celsius for another 20 minutes
- Cut the pieces and enjoy!.
Before I hit February I really wanted to get a recipe in January for all of you. I know my cookie recipe is still due but that will be the next one. These are extremely delicious and simple to make. Once I start I can’t stop eating them. I bet you won’t be able to either.
- Wonton wrappers – 12
- Cooked chicken breast, shredded – 1
- Cream cheese, room temp – 2 ounces
- Butter, melted – 1 Tbs
- Cholula Hot Sauce – 1/8 cup
- Crumbled blue cheese – 1/4 cup
- Green onion, chopped – 1
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin pan with Pam Vegetable Spray.
- Press wontons wrappers into muffin pan.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, when done, set aside.
- In a bowl, whip cream cheese with a hand mixer for 1 minute, until creamy.
- Add butter and hot sauce to the cream cheese, stir together with a spatula.
- Add chicken and blue cheese, mix until combined.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into wonton cup. Use fingers to spread mixture inside of wonton.
- Place muffin pan in the oven, bake for 8 minutes until wontons are crisp.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chopped onions over wonton bites.
- Serve warm.
Blue Cheese and Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites #SundaySupper
- Whole cauliflower – 1
- Eggs – 2
- Olive oil – 1/4 cups
- Breadcrumbs – 3/4 cups
- Paprika – 2 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop cauliflower into small bite size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Pour the mixture over the cauliflower and stir well. Make sure the cauliflower pieces are well coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp of pepper.
- Take the cauliflower pieces and drop them into the dry mixture.
- Once the pieces are covered in the bread crumbs place them on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.
Appetizers are really my favorite thing to make. It demands so much attention to details and meticulous arrangements of assorted ingredients to come up with decorative little morsels. It gives me so much joy to actually design food and in a way dress it up to sit on my dishes like super seductive models ready to be photographed. I have been playing around with the new found ingredient “ kataifi “, it is a style of filo pastry that resemble spaghetti. Commonly found in Greek and Mediterranean desserts. This time I have done two dishes with one ingredient. Scallops wrapped in Kataifi and Kaitaifi prawns with honey chili dipping sauce.
Scallops wrapped in Kataifi Recipe
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 4 sea scallops (extra large)
- 1/4 lb filo (kataifi)
- 4 tbsps butter (melted)
- 1 tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup scallions (diced)
- 1/4 cup dill (chopped)
- 1 shallots (medium, sliced)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb butter (cut into small bits, thoroughly chilled)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the vinegar until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 450°F. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Wrap each scallop in some of the kataifi filo. Arrange the scallops on a baking sheet and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Make the butter sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the shallot, thyme, and wine. Simmer until completely reduced and there is no liquid remaining. Over low heat and whisking constantly, add the butter, a few pieces at a time. Allow the butter to become creamy before adding the next few pieces. Do not boil or the butter will melt and the sauce will become oily. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep the sauce warm.
- Bake the scallops until just done, about 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut each wrapped scallop in half and place in the center of the plate. Spoon the butter sauce over the scallops. Drizzle with some of the reduced balsamic vinegar (save the remaining balsamic syrup for another use). Sprinkle the tomatoes, scallions and dill around the scallop.
Katifi Prawns Recipe
- 850g (about 18) large green prawns
- 100g Antoniou Kataifi pastry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mild chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 oven trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Place pastry in a medium size bowl and loosen until strands are separated, light and fluffy. Combine oils and add to pastry; mix with fingers until pastry is evenly coated with oil. Place 1 tablespoon of pastry on a board and gently stretch to form a 15cm long strip. Hold a prawn by the tail and dip into egg; place at one end of the strip and roll pastry around prawn. Place on prepared tray. Continue with remaining prawns. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve with honey chilli dipping sauce.
3. To make sauce: combine all ingredients.
Cook’s Tip: No fuss entrée for 6 or serve as a savoury with drinks. Potato wedges and a salad transform this dish into a main meal for 4.
The filling was so versatile that I had it with some brown rice. And also used it on an omelette for my morning breakfast. Its easy and doesn’t take much to prep. Ingredients : Capsicum,Potatoes, Red kidney beans, coriander, Tomatoes, mince beef, onions and Mexican spice mix with sour cream or guacamole and shredded cheese to serve.