Sweet and savory all at once. The beauty of crepes is in playing a dual personality. It can be anything you want it to be. I’ve used the crepes to be sweet here but you can put meat, mushrooms, vegetables, etc.
- Flour – 1 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Melted Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Take a ladle full of the mixture and evenly pour it into a pan that is on medium heat.
- Let the mixture cook, you can tell that its cooked when the mixture starts to come off the pan.
- Spread your choice of filling, in my case, I used Nutella and bananas.
- Fold the unfilled side of the crepe over and then give it another fold to make it look like a triangle.
- Serve it with some dusted confectioners sugar.
Not Yo’ Mamas Pudding
I have never tasted banana pudding before until two weeks ago at a Barbecue restaurant. I instantly fell in love with it and could not forget how satisfyingly beautiful it tasted. That was three weeks ago. I was craving to have this pudding since then. I asked around at my workplace to see if anybody has a guaranteed recipe that is easy to put together. And here is the recipe that I tried. It makes enough for at least 15 people. I had banana pudding to eat for a week and had shared one whole pie dish with a family. I substituted vanilla wafers for Chessmen cookies.
- Can sweetened condensed Milk- 1 (14-ounce)
- Frozen whipped topping- 1 (12 ounces)
- Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies- (2 bags)
- Bananas- 6 to 8 sliced
- Milk- 2 Cups
- Instant French vanilla pudding mix- 1 box (5 ounces)
- Softened cream cheese- 1 box (8 ounces)
- Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.
- Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Woke up dazed feeling amazed. Wanted to do something new but quick and special too.
There isn’t really a set recipe to make banana pancakes. Basically, I used 1 large banana, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 egg and a bit of cinnamon sugar. Spread some confectioners sugar on top with some blueberries drizzled with Maple syrup.
It’s been a while since I’ve last updated this blog. But fear not ! I am back and cooking again. Just trying to get my life together. Picking up the pieces of the old life to serve my new life. So here is to something new. A piece of banana bread with some indulging vanilla ice-cream.
- Ripe bananas – 5-7
- Eggs – 3
- Oil – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Cinnamon – 1 Tbs
- Flour – 2 cups
- Butter – ½ cup
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Smash 4 bananas in a bowl. Add the eggs, oil, sugar and cinnamon and mix it together.
- Pour the flour and combine everything together.
- To make the caramel, in a pan heat up the butter until melted. Add the sugar and bring to boil.
- On a baking dish, pour the caramel in first. Slice two bananas in pieces and assemble them up on top of the caramel filling in the baking dish.
- Add the flour mixture and bake it for 350 degree Fahrenheit / 175 degree Celsius for about 40-50 minutes.
- It is optional to serve with some Vanilla Ice – cream.
I have never tasted nutella up until a few weeks ago. I know its absurd .. I grew up in the states yet totally oblivious to something so familiar to every children out here. Such a shame .. but better late than never. So recently I have been on a nutella kick. I have discovered a new way of making French toast with a new found gem in my kitchen cabinet. Another simple yet satisfying dessert. You can even use cream cheese as a filling. ” Nutella French Toast” Ingredients: Eggs, milk, bread, sugar, cinnamon ground, strawberries, banana, butter and nutella.
For Recipe Visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GcKoMRlCY