This was my first girls trip ever. I had to live up to my cooking expectations from my girls. The pressure was on, we have been going in circles trying to come up with a simple dish that didn’t involve too many ingredients. All of a sudden I spotted this beautiful big juicy mango and something in my head just seemed to feel right. We picked up the mango and everything else that was needed. Both of my friends enjoyed it so much that I had to put this up on the blog. Here is the recipe for both, Lisa and Shannon 🙂
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Baby spinach – 8 cups
- Couscous – 1 cup
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Chopped fresh cilantro, divided – 1/2 cup
- Extra-virgin olive oil 1 Tbs
- Salt, divided – 3/4 tsp
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Mushrooms – 1 cup
- Chopped red onion – 1/4 cup
- 1/2 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
- Fresh lime juice – 1Tbs
I did not have a grill out there, so I cooked everything on the stove top. If you want to use your grill. Please follow the recipe below.
- Place 2 cups spinach and the mushrooms in a pan and cook well.
- On a saucepan combine couscous with 1/4 cup water. Cook it following the directions on the packet.
- Combine shrimp, 1/4 cup cilantro, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in another pan, after that is cooked mix the shrimp with the cooked spinach and simmer them for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup cilantro with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, mango, avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeño and lime juice in a bowl.
- Place the couscous on a serving dish, top it off with the mango salsa and the cooked spinach and shrimp on top.