There has been a mania of nutella going around for some time now, and it caught me as well. Such a simple ingredient can be woven in to so many different things.I have never seen anything like this, It boggled my mind when I came across this post on a friends wall.. I had to give it a try. It required a lot of nutella disks.. some of which didn’t even reach the pan to be embedded within the pancakes. Be very careful when transferring the disks because they melt very quickly. A sweet little twist to add to your morning breakfast. I used a regular pancake recipe. Ingredients: Nutella, Sugar, flour, eggs, butter, baking soda, baking powder, salt and buttermilk.
For Nutella disk Recipe :
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Dollop on little “disks” of Nutella, then freeze the disks!
- When you’re ready to make pancakes, pour batter into your frying pan, then quickly place one of the disks on top of the wet batter. Cover the disk with more batter, then proceed as you normally would when making pancakes.
For Buttermilk Pancake Recipe :
- All Purpose flour – 3 cups
- White Sugar – 3 tbs
- Baking Powder – 3 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Buttermilk – 3 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Melted butter – 1/3 cup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it’s ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it’s just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.