Sweet and savory all at once. The beauty of crepes is in playing a dual personality. It can be anything you want it to be. I’ve used the crepes to be sweet here but you can put meat, mushrooms, vegetables, etc.
- Flour – 1 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Melted Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Take a ladle full of the mixture and evenly pour it into a pan that is on medium heat.
- Let the mixture cook, you can tell that its cooked when the mixture starts to come off the pan.
- Spread your choice of filling, in my case, I used Nutella and bananas.
- Fold the unfilled side of the crepe over and then give it another fold to make it look like a triangle.
- Serve it with some dusted confectioners sugar.
There has been a mania of nutella going around for some time now, and it caught me as well. Such a simple ingredient can be woven in to so many different things.I have never seen anything like this, It boggled my mind when I came across this post on a friends wall.. I had to give it a try. It required a lot of nutella disks.. some of which didn’t even reach the pan to be embedded within the pancakes. Be very careful when transferring the disks because they melt very quickly. A sweet little twist to add to your morning breakfast. I used a regular pancake recipe. Ingredients: Nutella, Sugar, flour, eggs, butter, baking soda, baking powder, salt and buttermilk.
For Nutella disk Recipe :
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Dollop on little “disks” of Nutella, then freeze the disks!
- When you’re ready to make pancakes, pour batter into your frying pan, then quickly place one of the disks on top of the wet batter. Cover the disk with more batter, then proceed as you normally would when making pancakes.
For Buttermilk Pancake Recipe :
- All Purpose flour – 3 cups
- White Sugar – 3 tbs
- Baking Powder – 3 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Buttermilk – 3 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Melted butter – 1/3 cup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it’s ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it’s just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
I have never tasted nutella up until a few weeks ago. I know its absurd .. I grew up in the states yet totally oblivious to something so familiar to every children out here. Such a shame .. but better late than never. So recently I have been on a nutella kick. I have discovered a new way of making French toast with a new found gem in my kitchen cabinet. Another simple yet satisfying dessert. You can even use cream cheese as a filling. ” Nutella French Toast” Ingredients: Eggs, milk, bread, sugar, cinnamon ground, strawberries, banana, butter and nutella.
For Recipe Visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GcKoMRlCY
I can never get tired of baked goods .. they make the house smell good, they make me feel warm and remind me of memories from my childhood (I WISH .. lol ). My mom was never big on baking. But since I partook a great interest in cooking … I plan on making it a part of our lives from now on. This is a new recipe I wanted to try Nutella, banana croissants .. consist of just 4 ingredients : Nutella, banana, Pillsbury frozen croissant dough and icing sugar.
For Recipe Visit: http://www.culinaryhill.com/4-ingredient-nutella-banana-croissants/