I am back with some more sweetness to share with you all. I had a lot of oranges (mandarins) lying around the house. At first, I felt like making some kind of cake but then I came across this recipe. I am used to making chocolate (white and dark) brownies. This is the first time I attempted to make fruit flavoured brownies. Honestly, I don’t need anything to make me satisfied after this sweet little addition to my kitchen right now. Needless to say they were all gone in a jiffy.
- All purpose-flour – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Butter (Softened) – 1 cup or 2 sticks
- Eggs – 4
- Orange extract ( pure)- 2 tsps
- Grated Orange -1 tsp
For the glaze
- Confectioners’ sugar – 1 cup
- Orange juice – 2 tbsps
- Grated Orange – 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Grease well, a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter, eggs, orange extract and orange zest, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown and set. Remove from oven and pierce entire top of cake with a fork.
To make the glaze:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stirring with whisk until smooth.
- Pour glaze over warm cake. Cool cake and cut into squares.