I have yet to discover what makes me happy. The discovery of new things in life that can bring arrays of emotions are endless. It is almost impossible to list every single thing that can or cannot make me happy. But most importantly in accordance to the social media outlet. The way people treat me depends on how happy I will be for that particular moment of interaction. One thing I know that makes me happy which is independent of any kind of human interaction would be cooking. Cooking in my own solace and privacy.
- Water – 2 1/4 Cups
- Grit quick (dry quick cooking grits, not instant) – 2/3 cup
- kosher salt – 1 1/4 Tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Butter (divided) – 3 tbs
- Olive oil – 1 tbs
- Dried oregano – 1/4 Tsp
- Crushed red pepper flakes – 1 pinch
- Lemon (juiced) – 1
- Hot sauce – 3 tbs
- Kosher salt – 1/4 Tsp
- Medium shrimp (peeled and deveined) – 12 ounces
- Combine water, grits, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Continue cooking an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine remaining butter and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a large non-stick skillet; bring to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp are done.