I have yet to discover what makes me happy. The discovery of new things in life that can bring arrays of emotions are endless. It is almost impossible to list every single thing that can or cannot make me happy. But most importantly in accordance to the social media outlet. The way people treat me depends on how happy I will be for that particular moment of interaction. One thing I know that makes me happy which is independent of any kind of human interaction would be cooking. Cooking in my own solace and privacy.
- Water – 2 1/4 Cups
- Grit quick (dry quick cooking grits, not instant) – 2/3 cup
- kosher salt – 1 1/4 Tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Butter (divided) – 3 tbs
- Olive oil – 1 tbs
- Dried oregano – 1/4 Tsp
- Crushed red pepper flakes – 1 pinch
- Lemon (juiced) – 1
- Hot sauce – 3 tbs
- Kosher salt – 1/4 Tsp
- Medium shrimp (peeled and deveined) – 12 ounces
- Combine water, grits, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Continue cooking an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine remaining butter and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a large non-stick skillet; bring to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp are done.
Woke up dazed feeling amazed. Wanted to do something new but quick and special too.
There isn’t really a set recipe to make banana pancakes. Basically, I used 1 large banana, 1/4 cup of flour, 2 egg and a bit of cinnamon sugar. Spread some confectioners sugar on top with some blueberries drizzled with Maple syrup.
Sitting in her solitude, she cried and laughed looking for answers to unasked questions, as the life slips away from her gaze of anticipating riddles. A new day will arise with new answers and questions, to sit in sweet solitude and simmer in gratefulness of life. This is how it has been for me for the past few months. I had a lot to think and reflect on and still doing so. One morning I woke up and felt the gratitude of life in my heart. And wanted to have a huge breakfast. So this is what I came up with. The link below also provides four other ways of cooking with peaches. Enjoy!
- Peach – 1
- Pancake Batter
- Pat of Butter or Cooking spray
- Whipped Cream
- Cut peach in half and sliced into rings.
- Spray pan with cooking spray or melt a pat of butter.
- Pour pancake batter to fit peach ring. Once you see bubbles forming on the pancake add the peach ring and flip.
- Caramelize the peach side. Remove and stack.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with whipped cream!
I always look for easy breakfast recipes, something that I wouldn’t have to work too hard for after waking up. And if I can do it the night before.. even better :D. This didn’t really take much time to prepare at all. Just let it marinate in the egg mixture overnight, take it out of the freezer and bake it till it smells all savory and delicious. Ingredients: Bread rolls, Eggs, Milk, butter, Cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Dry mustard, Salt, Cayenne pepper and Chives.
For recipe visit : http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/05/sleepin-in-omlette/
I have never tasted nutella up until a few weeks ago. I know its absurd .. I grew up in the states yet totally oblivious to something so familiar to every children out here. Such a shame .. but better late than never. So recently I have been on a nutella kick. I have discovered a new way of making French toast with a new found gem in my kitchen cabinet. Another simple yet satisfying dessert. You can even use cream cheese as a filling. ” Nutella French Toast” Ingredients: Eggs, milk, bread, sugar, cinnamon ground, strawberries, banana, butter and nutella.
For Recipe Visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6GcKoMRlCY