I guess I have been feeling a little peachy lately 🙂 . I remember when I was little, there used to be a cartoon series that aired on the Disney channel called “little bear”. He had a human friend named Emily who loved peaches. The colour on that fruit always looked so treasure like to me. A combination of orange and yellow mixed in with some gold. It seemed like almost mythical for such a jewel like fruit to be in existence for us to devour. This recipe is great for people who can not intake high amount of sugar. Ingredients : Wonton wrappers, peaches, brown sugar, powdered sugar, flour, oil, heavy cream, salt, sugar and water.
Peach Wonton recipe
- 2 pounds ripe peaches, peeled and sliced/diced (about 8 peaches)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Wonton wrappers (1 12 oz. pack should do it.)
- Canola or vegetable oil, enough for about 1″ of oil in your pan
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Slice up the peach and toss in a large bowl with flour and brown sugar.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers, drop about a tablespoon of sliced/diced peaches and a tad bit of peach juice in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Using your finger or pastry brush, wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold one corner of the wrapper over to the other corner, and gently press down to seal edges. Make sure to seal edges thoroughly to avoid the oil splattering. Add an additional fold, if you’d like by dabbing the corners with water and folding them up to meet in the middle.
- Heat 1″ of canola or vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat to 375°F. Carefully slide wontons into oil and fry for about 2-3 minutes, turning as they fry. When they reach a lovely golden brown, remove from oil to a paper towel lined pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Caramel Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 cups cold heavy cream
Prepare an ice-water bath. Heat sugar, water, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Cook, without stirring, until mixture is amber. (Do not let caramel burn.) Carefully pour in 1/2 cup cream in a slow, steady stream down the side of the saucepan, whisking constantly, until smooth (caramel will bubble).
Remove from heat, and place saucepan in ice-water bath. Let caramel mixture cool, stirring occasionally, until cold, about 20 minutes.
Whisk remaining 3/4 cup cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold caramel mixture into whipped cream, and whisk until stiff peaks form. Use immediately.
I have always been very fond of peaches .. Recently after my nutella craze. I started to experiment with peaches. I came across another one of those easy lazy recipes. It only requires 5 ingredients and you are good to go. One of those panic attack recipes as I like to call them. Just in case you have guests showing up and don’t know what to do .. whip these up .. 🙂 Ingredients : Peaches, Cinnamon, butter, ice-cream (vanilla or I used butter pecan) and brown sugar.
- peaches (fresh, cut in half & pit removed, I like to blanch mine first to remove the skin, personal preference)
- brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut your peaches in half, & remove the pit. Place them cut side up in a baking dish & stuff the middles with brown sugar. Sprinkle on a little cinnamon. Place a slice of butter on each peach half. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl, making sure you drizzle all that yummyness at the bottom of your pan on top. Top with a scoop of ice cream. I use butter pecan as that’s what MawMaw always used.
There has been a mania of nutella going around for some time now, and it caught me as well. Such a simple ingredient can be woven in to so many different things.I have never seen anything like this, It boggled my mind when I came across this post on a friends wall.. I had to give it a try. It required a lot of nutella disks.. some of which didn’t even reach the pan to be embedded within the pancakes. Be very careful when transferring the disks because they melt very quickly. A sweet little twist to add to your morning breakfast. I used a regular pancake recipe. Ingredients: Nutella, Sugar, flour, eggs, butter, baking soda, baking powder, salt and buttermilk.
For Nutella disk Recipe :
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Dollop on little “disks” of Nutella, then freeze the disks!
- When you’re ready to make pancakes, pour batter into your frying pan, then quickly place one of the disks on top of the wet batter. Cover the disk with more batter, then proceed as you normally would when making pancakes.
For Buttermilk Pancake Recipe :
- All Purpose flour – 3 cups
- White Sugar – 3 tbs
- Baking Powder – 3 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Buttermilk – 3 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 3
- Melted butter – 1/3 cup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it’s ready!
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a wooden spoon or fork to blend. Stir until it’s just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/2 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Kacha Golla to celebrate Valentine’s day .. His favorite I never tasted it myself before which is why it was hard to determine the consistency I am looking for while making it. But after much struggles it turned out pretty ok… The process is simple but it is time consuming nevertheless. .. Ingredients : Mawa, Cream, Chana and Chini. Thanks to Oni apu for inspiring me …
For Recipe Visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2kyUoJdbg8&list=PLnazb0W7k49nLLZdKreS3v58-TpCYKrM2&index=29
2nd time baking brownies with a different recipe. This time it turned out to be much more moist and Ooey Gooey .. Its all about timing I guess. Almost there though. I’ve got 2 more recipes to try.