First of all, Happy new year to everyone! Rolling into 2017 with a quick fix to your sweet cravings. This is a dish I like to make when I am in a hurry when having unexpected guests show up. It is not as rich as normal halua. But just as good. Try and indulge.
- Eggs – 4
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/3 cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Dry Milk – 1 cup
- Tobbok (Silver Leaf) – 3 Pieces
- Pistachios – 2 Tbs
- White raisins – 2 tbs
- Rose Water – 1 tsp
- Beat the Eggs and the sugar together.
- Combine the ghee and oil in a wok with the dry milk until it turns a slightly brown color. Remove the contents and cool off the mixture on a spreadable plate.
- Mix everything together with a whisk, adding the rose water. Pour it into a square container.
- Pop it in the oven for 6 minutes on high. Let it cool for half an hour.
- In the meantime, I like to roast the white raisins and pistachios in some ghee.
- Place a plate on top of the container and flip the halua on to the plate. Garnish it with the silver leaf, pistachios and white raisins.
- Cut it into the shape you desire and serve.