To get into the spirit of the world cup soccer game this year. I tried to make this appetizer. I learned of it from a Facebook post made by Tashfee at the time. She invited people to go over and have this appetizer if Brazil won that round. Being that we live thousands of miles apart, I couldn’t possibly go over and have a quick bite at her place. So I decided to make my own Coxinha – Brazilian street food. I am happy to say that they turned out to be quiet tasty.
- Olive oil- 1 Tbs
- Garlic cloves minced – 4
- White onion diced – 1
- Chicken cooked and shredded- 2 cups
- Paprika or cayenne pepper- 1/2 tsp
- salt- to taste
- Cream cheese- 4 oz
- Fresh parsley chopped- 3 Tbsp
- Whole milk- 2 cups
- All-purpose flour- 2 cups
- Panko breadcrumbs – 2 cups
- Oil, for frying
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil, then sauté garlic and onions until soft and brown. Add shredded chicken, salt, and paprika (or cayenne pepper). Stir to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl, add cream cheese and parsley. Mix well.
- In the same pot, add butter, chicken broth, and milk. Bring to a boil. Stir in flour until dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to a flat surface. Knead the dough while it is warm, but not hot.
- Pinch a piece of dough, about the size of a large egg, and roll into a ball. Using your hands, flatten the dough and spoon filling into the center. Wrap the dough into a pear shape and make sure there aren’t any holes.
- While heating a pot of oil to 350˚F/180˚C, dredge the dough in egg and panko, then deep-fry till golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on a towel, or wire rack and serve immediately.
These were the perfect little things to serve on the 4th of July celebration. It is super easy to make and is very filling. You cannot go wrong with this one. If you follow the link at the bottom, you will see the possibilities of sliders are endless.
- Dinner Rolls
- Ground Beef- 2 pounds
- Salt- tsp
- Pepper- 2 tsp
- Garlic Powder- 2 tsp
- Onion- 1/2 cup
- Cheddar cheese- 6 slices
- Melted butter
- Sesame seeds
- Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together.
- Bake on 350 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Remove the beef and drain the juice. Place the bottom half of your dinner rolls in the baking dish. Put your beef patty on top of the bottom half of the dinner rolls.
- Spread the chopped onions. And set the cheese slices on top.
- Close off the burger by placing the top half of the dinner roll above the cheese.
- Brush the melted butter on top of the buns and sprinkle the sesame seeds as well.
- Bake on 350 degree Celsius for another 20 minutes
- Cut the pieces and enjoy!.
Lobongo Lotika Preparation
I never thought that I will be able to cook let alone make things that I’ve never been introduced to before. Growing up, my mother being a full-time worker always made the time and put in the effort to make traditional food that we couldn’t buy around us because we never lived in Bangladesh.I would help my mom out in the kitchen all the time and always felt that I will never be able to do what she was doing. But somewhere in my head, all the things that I have seen her do have stuck with me, I guess. After all these years when I work in the kitchen, I feel like I”ve achieved such a great feat making things from scratch. And it becomes decently impressive to people around me. It is quite surreal, I feel a bit grown up. Here is a grown-up recipe. Follow the link below to view the steps clearly.
To make the filling
- Desiccated Coconuts-2 cups
- Sugar- 2 cups
- Cardamom Powder- 1/4 tsp
- Semolina- 1/4 cup
- Cloves- As needed
To make the Dough
- Flour- 2 cups
- Sugar- 2 Tbs
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Oil- 1/4 cup
- Water- As needed
- To make the filling, in a saucepan put coconut, sugar and about 1 Tbs of water to melt the sugar quickly. Turn the saucepan on after combining all the ingredients. The mixture will become thick and will turn liquidy. Add semolina and cardamom powder, cook a bit more so it develops the flavor. Keep aside on a plate to cool.
- To make the dough combine flour, sugar, salt, and oil in a mixing bowl. Add about a little bit more than half a cup of water to form the dough.
- Make 10-12 balls of dough. Roll them out one at a time and put about two tablespoons full of filling in the middle of the dough.
- Brush some water all around the edge of the dough. Fold the top half of the dough towards the middle. Brush the water only on one side of the dough. Folding from the top right corner to the middle. Brush water to the remainder of the dough folding again from right to the center. keep repeating the folds until all the dough gathers in the center. Pierce the middle with a piece of clove.
- Heat about 2 cups of oil in a frying pan. Deep fry the parcels three at a time making sure to cook all the sides evenly.
- Serve while it’s hot.
Not Yo’ Mamas Pudding
I have never tasted banana pudding before until two weeks ago at a Barbecue restaurant. I instantly fell in love with it and could not forget how satisfyingly beautiful it tasted. That was three weeks ago. I was craving to have this pudding since then. I asked around at my workplace to see if anybody has a guaranteed recipe that is easy to put together. And here is the recipe that I tried. It makes enough for at least 15 people. I had banana pudding to eat for a week and had shared one whole pie dish with a family. I substituted vanilla wafers for Chessmen cookies.
- Can sweetened condensed Milk- 1 (14-ounce)
- Frozen whipped topping- 1 (12 ounces)
- Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies- (2 bags)
- Bananas- 6 to 8 sliced
- Milk- 2 Cups
- Instant French vanilla pudding mix- 1 box (5 ounces)
- Softened cream cheese- 1 box (8 ounces)
- Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
- In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.
- Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before I hit February I really wanted to get a recipe in January for all of you. I know my cookie recipe is still due but that will be the next one. These are extremely delicious and simple to make. Once I start I can’t stop eating them. I bet you won’t be able to either.
- Wonton wrappers – 12
- Cooked chicken breast, shredded – 1
- Cream cheese, room temp – 2 ounces
- Butter, melted – 1 Tbs
- Cholula Hot Sauce – 1/8 cup
- Crumbled blue cheese – 1/4 cup
- Green onion, chopped – 1
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin pan with Pam Vegetable Spray.
- Press wontons wrappers into muffin pan.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, when done, set aside.
- In a bowl, whip cream cheese with a hand mixer for 1 minute, until creamy.
- Add butter and hot sauce to the cream cheese, stir together with a spatula.
- Add chicken and blue cheese, mix until combined.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into wonton cup. Use fingers to spread mixture inside of wonton.
- Place muffin pan in the oven, bake for 8 minutes until wontons are crisp.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chopped onions over wonton bites.
- Serve warm.
Blue Cheese and Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites #SundaySupper